Pages

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Curse of Dead Man's Hand, Round 2

Here's another drop of new gangs from Great Escape Games.  The front row is the Magnificent 7 and behind them, the Malevolent 7.  Ranked up, it's a pretty awesome look.  The Magnificent 7 will also pair well in a showdown with the Bandito gang. 


I also finished up the Mountain Men set.  I love the beardy fellow who looks like he just carved "I kilt a bar" into a tree with his Bowie knife.  The Longhorn steer are for in-game color.  To round out the bunch, a Buffalo Man and a Mountain Lion who are part of the forces of good in Curse of Dead Man's Hand.  



It's another fine set of figures by Great Escape Games.  While clicking through their web store, I saw they had WW II Romanian army figures presorted for Chain of Command.  After mulling it over for 5 minutes, I decided Romanians will be my next Bolt Action/Chain of Command army! 

16 comments:

  1. Love your brushwork on these fellas, Monty!
    There must have been a sale at the town mercantile on blue chambray shirts. Great color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super eye Jonathan! I painted them based on a promotional photo of the Magnificent Seven. In the promo, 3 of the 7 were wearing sky blue shirts. So that's the secret of how the West was won!

      Delete
  2. Very nice figures! Now please stop reminding me that I have 2 gangs and a couple of buildings for DMH in my to-do pile. 😀

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew and it is lovely to have so many gangs to choose from. Good luck on your posse!

      Delete
  3. Great looking additions Monty, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just wonderful Monty and I love the idea of the Magnificent Seven having an undead version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael and yes, such a clever idea. Perfect for Halloween too!

      Delete
    2. Perfect for Dia de las Muertos too!

      Delete
  5. Pretty darn cool ;-)
    Very well done Monty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work on the magnificent /malevolent seven but the mountain men are my favourites!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks I do love those colorful characters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Turn my back for 5 minutes and you've not only gone all Weird West on us, you're amassing an army of Romanians?
    ; )

    Top work as always Monty - I've not been around the blogosphere for a few months now, but it's good to see you're still busy as ever, flying the flag!

    ReplyDelete